Sunday, August 7, 2011

Steve Williams rips Tiger Woods on CBS!

Gotta love this as Tiger Woods former caddie, Steve Williams takes home the winner this week, Adam Scott, on the PGA Tour's Bridgestone Invitational.  Here's the excerpts from CBS -



Excerpts from David Feherty’s interview with Adam Scott and caddy Steve Williams after Scott won the WGC Bridgestone Invitational.

Following Adam Scott’s win at the WGC Bridgestone Invitational CBS Sports’ on-course reporter David Feherty conducted interviews with Scott and his caddy Stevie Williams, who caddied for Tiger Woods for 13 majors throughout the years. The win was the eighth time Williams was on the bag of the winner at the Bridgestone Invitational, seven with Tiger.

Feherty: To have that man on your bag, Steve Williams,…did that make a difference?

Scott: Absolutely, around this place, are you kidding me? He knows this place better than anyone. Certainly this week, it’s incredible. I’ve really enjoyed these weeks with Steve.

Feherty: You have eight flags here now, is that right?

Williams: I’ve been caddying for 33 years and that’s the best week of my life, and I’m not joking. I’m never ever going to forgot that week. The people here this week have been absolutely unbelievable. And all the support from the people back in New Zealand, including my family. It’s the greatest week of my life.

Feherty: How is this different? You’ve caddied for the best player in the world, without question. You’ve seen some of the greatest golf that’s ever been played, to come out and get on with a youngster like this. It has to be a heckuva change?...

Williams: David, I caddy and I go racing. When I go to the race track the only place I’m interested in finishing is first. When I go to the golf course, that’s the only place I’m trying to finish. Obviously it’s a very tough game and you can’t always win but I’m a very confident front-runner. There were a lot of expectations today. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous. Obviously Adam was leading the tournament. And there was a lot that’s been said this week. It’s an incredible feeling to back it up. I always back myself. Just like I do when I go racing. I’m a great front-runner when I go racing and I feel like I’m a good front-runner when I’m caddying. Great belief in myself. Honestly, this is the best week of my life. I’ve caddied for 33 years, 145 wins now and that’s the best win I’ve ever had.

Jim Nantz and Sir Nick Faldo’s reaction:

Nantz: Wow! That’s all you can say. And that will be talked about for days to come. You win 13 majors with Tiger and now you call this one the greatest week of your life.

Nantz to Faldo: What was your reaction to his comments to David?

Faldo: I’m a little shocked as well. That was quite a little, a little more than a dig there, I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment