Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fathers And Dads

by: @wwwgabecom

As you all well know, we all got dads. Some we know of, some we don’t. But the question is, how many of us actually have fathers? If you don’t know the difference its pretty simple, a dad is basically just the sperm donor and is good for nothing more than just a phone call few times a year, if that. While a father on the other hand is a real man, an actual father to his kids. He gives them advice when they need it, even when they think they don’t, and is Physically there for them.


The sad thing about us minorities is that its become common and to only have momma duke around. Anytime I hear some of my friends still live with both of their parents I’m actually surprised and its sad that it has got to this point. I mean, I know my pops, well I know who he is, but the person I’ve been living with my entire life has been my mother and i consider her both mom and dad.

Why? Well What’s the fathers job in the family? To provide for his family and protect and be there for them. I don’t know how I would live with myself if i were to get older and I’m not there for my family and my kids. if I’m going to have a kid, then I’m going to be a father to them, not just that dude that comes around every once in a while.

Some dudes now who are reading his may already be dads. Some may have been planned some of them may have not been, but that time has passed, it’s time to take on your new role. It’s never easy but you gotta do what has to be done, because it isn't about you anymore and that’s what i think the difference between a father and a dad is.

PS… I give much props to the single mothers that raise men on their own. They don’t get enough credit.
Edited by: @JohnnyMagma


No comments:

Post a Comment