Friday, August 6, 2010

"You never get to see it coming, you just get to see it go."


I can recall the day I decided that what she was doing was more important than what I was doing at the time, for what she was to become would be bigger than the both of us. I let her go but promised I would visit and eventually pack my bags and end up with her...for good.

We were both pursuing the same thing and had the same dream - music was always the plan. Our schedules were often divergent, so we barely saw each other and started becoming strangers to one another while under the same roof.

I was excited when she made it. Though it was before me, it was still a win, for we were apart of the same team. Months went on but soon after, we would end.

The drive to the airport was the longest. She never said a word, acting as if she didn’t care. I got to the gate to aboard my plane. I walked away while looking back as she broke down, tears streaming from her eyes something like a mini river. It was then that I thought to myself, "she cares" but for months she never showed it until now that I’ve made up my mind. I entered the plane and from that day on…I never looked back. I often see her on the net or on TV, and when I do…I smile.

”You never get to see it coming, you just get to see it go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment