Saturday, September 4, 2010

Am I My Brother's/Sister's Keeper?




In Genesis, God asked Cain where Abel was and he replied, "I know not; am I my brother's keeper?" This came to my mind after thinking about certain situations that have came up and been discussed on Twitter. One thing I've seen a lot of people brag about is being the "main" in a relationship. People don't be fooled. "Main" implies that there are others and that you aren't the only one. Some people be thinking that they are the "main" and is really the side chick/dude. 

This is something for you to think about when reflecting on your relationship. There is a difference between being someone's "main" and "lady/man", because when someone gives you the title of being their "lady/man" and everyone knows it, then you usually don't have to worry about people on the side. The reason I titled this "Am I My Brother's/Sister's Keeper" is because I'm wondering if it is the place for the side chick/dude to tell the "main" what's been going on or vice versa? I'm not talking about in a way to break them up, but because if you were in that situation, wouldn't you want to know what's going on? Telling that person could be a way of looking out for that person. You could prevent a lot of heartache if you said something in the right way. Any thoughts?


photos: photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment