Friday, September 17, 2010

Nicki Minaj: So Much Hate

Hate it or love it, Nicki Minaj is making waves within the Hip Hop game and the music industry. With her debut album on it's way, many individuals are anticipating either her success or failure. Nicki has been on her grind as of late, hitting the road to promote her up and coming release, doing countless shows all over the states. Personally, I've been listening to Nicki Minaj before all this pink hair barbie stuff, way before she was even signed, and even then I was a semi-fan of her aggressive style of rapping.


Nicki Minaj has made a drastic change in appearance and improvement when it comes to her music and style of flow. But what I don't understand is the hate, focus, and obsession with her back side, a**, booty - call it what you want, but honestly I just don't get it. Whether it be on Twitter or me just relaxing with a female counter part, as soon as Nicki Minaj pops up on the television, her a** is the focus of attention or insults. I've heard it all, "She got butt pads" "Plastic booty" "Her a** is fake". What I'm trying to understand is, what does her body have to do with anything? People who hate on others are always bringing up something that is truly irrelevant; something they can discredit, pick apart, or criticize just to make themselves feel better. Women in general do this a bit too much and when I see or hear it, I'm always thinking to myself that it must be something deeper than what meets the surface. It's not just Nicki Minaj but a whole slew of other women as well. So my question is, what is one to gain from tearing down, insulting, and picking apart another individual? There's already a high percentage of men who insult and often tear down women, why make it worst and tear one another down? 

Feel free to comment, leave feedback and answer the questions within this post, thank you.


(Edited by Shannon - @ShanSprinkles)


No comments:

Post a Comment